Our Optimized wireless keyboard is the proverbial bee’s knees. Based on our unique and patented Radial design, it has been specifically designed to be logical, ergonomic and compact. Just think, with our Optimized wireless keyboard you can memorize the alpha-characters layout in only 10-20 minutes. If you are one of the many who wish they could type faster and more efficiently, then our Optimized wireless keyboard is definitely for you.
2.4 GHz Optimized Wireless Keyboard & Mouse
$149.99 (The price includes worldwide DHL express delivery)
Along with the original central space-key we’ve now added a much larger space-key at the bottom-center of our keyboards. Arranged either side of it are the green and blue dotted keys respectively. Both of these dotted keys operate in Sticky–mode, which means that you don’t have to hold them down while simultaneously selecting a combination character. Just press them momentarily before pressing a combination character. These two keys are used when selecting their corresponding coloured characters. Note that the bottom three keys are intended to be operated by the thumbs.
Users should also take note of the two Shift keys located below the central Space key. The Shift key on the left operates in standard fashion while the one on the right with the white dot operates in Sticky mode. The user can decide which one best suits their needs at any given time. The innovative use of these dotted keys improves operational speed and together with the compact nature of the design means that the keyboard can be easily operated with one hand if needed.
The layout of the characters on the Optimized Keyboard is in keeping with the frequency of occurrence of the characters in the English alphabet. They have been arranged in the layout so that the most frequently occurring characters fall most readily to the two most agile fingers of the hand, namely the index and middle fingers. This logical character layout improves the overall efficiency of data-entry by minimizing finger-travel-time. All these unique features combined help the user to increase their speed of data-entry.
In the sections that follow we look more closely at the many benefits of our Optimized keyboard when used as either a one-handed or two-handed keyboard for data-entry.
Both our Optimized and QWERTY keyboards are programmable. You can automate the execution of a sequence of frequently used commands in any application. So for example, you could do this in your spreadsheet application by using the macro-record program that comes with our keyboards. This is a great way to take the tedium out of oft repeated tasks when using an application. Just use the macro-record feature to record the command-key-sequences and then name-save the macro(s) for future loading with whatever applications you intend to use them with. Because you have 5 programmable keys on your one handed keyboard, you can (at any given time) assign a different (application specific) macro to each of these 5 keys for use with your current application.
You can also simply assign a series of menu-available Windows utilities, Multimedia functions, Office commands, Internet commands and assign programs/scripts to be launched by any of the 5 programmable buttons.
With some programming know-how you could greatly extend the options afforded by the 5 programmable buttons by having any (or all) button(s) launch a script when pressed that could present the user with a numerically numbered menu of options (1 to n), that depending on the number entered would run another (menu-named) script that would perform any given assigned task. As an example, for a programmer, it could insert a string of code at the cursor-point. Thus, things can be automated to a great extent with a programmable keyboard.
The main-key-cluster has a much smaller footprint compared to that of a standard QWERTY keyboard. The following graphic shows the comparative difference, which amounts to a footprint space saving of approximately 33%. This space saving reduction is achieved without sacrificing key-cap-size; in fact many of the key-caps are much larger while the smallest key-caps are equivalent in size to those found on the standard QWERTY keyboard.
The compact ergonomic shape of our large-key keyboards helps prevent repetitive strain injuries (RSI) and together with its other unique features combined help the user to increase their speed of data-entry by minimizing finger-travel-time.
- Because of the compactness of our one handed keyboard, there’s a big reduction in finger-travel-time leading to increased data-entry typing speed. The Optimized keyboard, owing to its logical design, offers even further savings in finger-travel-time
- Keys are offset and are bigger for the hand or hand’s weaker fingers and so encourages their use
- The operator can naturally position their hand or hands over the keyboard with ease and the inclusion of sticky-key operation means that you don’t need to hold down the shift-key when typing other combination characters
- All of the above help to reduce operator discomfort and fatigue, especially for one handed keyboard operators
- The Optimized keyboard has been expressly designed to be logical and efficient in use, facilitating increased user productivity, it has been specifically designed to minimize finger-travel-time. The layout of the alphabet characters are positioned in accordance with their frequency of occurrence in the English language, so that they fall more readily for use by the more agile index and middle fingers. This greatly reduces the amount of finger-travel-time thereby increasing your speed of data-entry.
- The location of the alphabet keys on each keyboard is relatively easy to memorize but more so with the Optimized keyboard, whose alphabet keys layout can be memorized using our training material in only 10-20 minutes. If you stop to think about it, almost everyone who uses a standard QWERTY keyboard would not be able to tell you where all the alphabet keys are located on it. Even people who have been using the standard QWERTY keyboard for many years are unable to do so. The reality is, it’s not a very logically designed keyboard and as a result it isn’t very efficient to use.
When using the Optimized keyboard and while following BeeRaider’s recommended learning approach, a user’s finger-muscle-memory begins to kick in after only a few days of continuous typing. With the alphabet key locations memorized and finger-muscle-memory now in place, a user’s typing speed and productivity quickly increases. Note that we provide a comprehensive training method and video on our Training webpage for those who decide to purchase our Optimized keyboard.
Our keyboard is known as a Radial Keyboard Design. It has been designed as a 21st century computer keyboard with none of the shortcomings of the QWERTY standard keyboard, a design that was contrived for use with the mechanical typewriters of the late 19th century. The Radial Keyboard design is about simplifying the future of data-entry!
Click here to download and print off the Full-sized Optimized Layout for hand-size checking.
All of our keyboard products have been certified for conformity/compliance with the standards listed below. Certification copies are included in appendices: C, D, E & F of all product’s User Guides.
- FCC part 15
- CE in accordance with RTTE directive 2014/53/EU
- RoHS in accordance with RoHS directive 2011/65/EU (RoHS 2.0)
- WHQL (Client families: x86 and x64)
Wireless Radial Keyboard & Mouse Set
- With USB nano-receiver
- Encrypted transmission signals
- Up to 8M range (2.4GHz wireless technology)
- Auto-link technology – no complex linking between receiver and keyboard/mouse
- Weight: 1.6kg
- 15 hot-keys – 5 of which are programmable
- Extra tab & backspace keys with numeric keypad
- Ergonomic design
- 20cm (W) x 42cm (L); H = 2.5cm/4cm (feet folded/unfolded (back)) & 1cm (front)
- 3 buttons
- Scroll wheel for vertical/horizontal scrolling
- Optical sensor with adjustable resolution: 1,000DPI (default), 1,500DPI and 3,000DPI
- 6cm (W) x 12cm (L) x 4cm (H)
Note: BeeRaider reserves the right to change the specification for product improvement purposes.