If you’re looking for a one handed keyboard then we firmly believe that our wireless keyboard products offer many beneficial features to those who are disabled or for whatever reason choose to use only one hand when typing. While it’s true that they have not been strictly designed as a one handed keyboard, the truth is they can be operated easily using either one or both hands. The main benefit on offer, is the ease with which you can quickly learn and begin to use them productively. This is also the main advantage our keyboards have over dedicated one handed keyboards, which in practice are not that easy to learn or use. If you’re looking for increased work productivity and you are one of the many who struggle to type and wish they could type faster then our keyboards are definitely for you.
Our current wireless keyboard products are available in two layouts, Optimized and QWERTY and are for use with desktop PCs running Windows operating systems: 7, 8.0/8.1 and 10.0. We also offer an Android Keyboard App, which was our first product designed for Android touch-screen devices. The App is an inexpensive way of trying out our Radial Keyboard design and can be downloaded for less than two dollars. It offers a total of eight different Keyboard layouts for five different languages. Below are two of these available layouts that correspond to the two physical keyboard layouts above. The App is best suited for use on larger-display smartphones and tablet devices and is primarily intended for use as a one handed keyboard. When used in landscape mode on a 10″ Android tablet its functioning (virtual) size approximates to actual (physical) size. You can learn more about it by clicking on the Products link at the bottom of this page.
You may be wondering what our Optimized keyboard layout is all about and why we feel you might want to consider it over our QWERTY keyboard. Well our Optimized keyboard has been primarily designed to benefit the untrained computer keyboard user who wishes to improve their typing speed and efficiency over a relatively short period of time. You can quickly see for yourself what the differences between these two keyboard layouts are by clicking on the next image to read all about them in our color brochure, which you can also print and download. Let’s now look more closely at the many benefits of our keyboards when used as either a two handed or one handed keyboard.
The main-key-cluster has a much smaller footprint compared to that of a standard QWERTY keyboard. The following graphic shows the comparative difference, which amounts to a footprint space saving of approximately 33%. This space saving reduction is achieved without sacrificing key-cap-size, in fact many of the key-caps are much larger while the smallest key-caps are equivalent in size to those found on the standard QWERTY keyboard.
- Because of its compactness, there’s a big reduction in finger-travel-time leading to increased data-entry typing speed. The Optimized keyboard, owing to its logical design, offers even further savings in finger-travel-time
- Keys are offset and are bigger for the hand or hand’s weaker fingers and so encourages their use
- The operator can naturally position their hand or hands over the keyboard with ease and the inclusion of sticky-key operation means that you don’t need to hold down the shift-key when typing other combination characters
- All of the above help to reduce operator discomfort and fatigue
- The Optimized keyboard has been expressly designed to be logical and efficient in use, facilitating increased user productivity, it has been specifically designed to minimize finger-travel-time. The layout of the alphabet characters are positioned in accordance with their frequency of occurrence in the English language, so that they fall more readily for use by the more agile index and middle fingers. This greatly reduces the amount of finger-travel-time thereby increasing your speed of data-entry.
- The location of the alphabet keys on each keyboard is relatively easy to memorize but more so with the Optimized keyboard, whose alphabet keys layout can be memorized using our training material in only 10-20 minutes
When using the Optimized keyboard while following BeeRaider’s recommended learning approach, a user’s finger-muscle-memory kicks in after only a few days of continuous typing. With the alphabet key locations memorized and finger-muscle-memory now in place, a user’s typing speed and productivity quickly increases.
If you stop to think about it, almost everyone who uses a standard QWERTY keyboard would not be able to tell you where all the alphabet keys are located on it. Even people who have been using the standard QWERTY keyboard for many years are unable to do it. The reality is, it’s not a very logically designed keyboard and as a result it isn’t very efficient.
Our keyboard is known as a Radial Keyboard Design. It has been designed as a 21st century computer keyboard with none of the shortcomings of the QWERTY standard keyboard, a design that was contrived for use with the mechanical typewriters of the late 19th century. The Radial Keyboard design is about simplifying the future of data-entry!
Learn more and Buy Now from our Products page!