If you’re looking for a one handed keyboard then we firmly believe that our wireless keyboard products offer many beneficial features to those who for whatever reason use only one hand when typing. Besides able-bodied users, we are happy to see more of our keyboard sales going to a range of users with movement impairments. These would include for example users with carpal tunnel injuries, stroke victims, Parkinson’s and Cerebral Palsy. Our keyboards can be easily operated using either one or both hands. One of the main benefits on offer is the ease with which you can quickly learn and begin to use them productively. This is also the main advantage our keyboards have over dedicated one handed keyboards, which in practice are not that easy to learn or use. if you happen to be recovering from a hand injury then you can also look forward to being able to use both hands for typing on our keyboards when fully recovered.
You’ll find that our competitor keyboards are considerably more expensive. Most if not all of these competitor keyboards are priced in the hundreds of dollars (USD). For example, the one-handed Maltron will set you back approximately $420 along with additional tax(es) for certain territories and extra again (likely) for post & packaging. Others range in price anywhere from approximately $250 to $650. BeeRaider’s keyboard prices are all-included-prices with express delivery (within a week of order) by DHL.
Our current wireless keyboard products are available in two layouts, Optimized and QWERTY and are intended for use with desktop PCs running Windows operating systems: 7.0, 8.0/8.1 and 10.0.
One Handed Keyboard Benefits of BeeRaider’s Keyboards
For those of you with access to an Android tablet device (preferably a 10 inch device), we recommend that you try our Android Keyboard App. Try using it with a free text editor such as ‘Ted’, which you can download for free from Google Play App store using the link below.
Now download our Android (only) keyboard App for just $1.64 using the link below.
Once both apps are installed and working, just launch the Ted text editor and start typing with your tablet in landscape mode. Using a 10″ Android tablet in this way will give you a good approximation as to the Radial Keyboard’s main-key-cluster’s actual physical size and will also allow you to practise your typing.
Click here to download and print off the Full-sized Optimized Layout for hand-size checking.
Click here to download and print off the Full-sized QWERTY Layout for hand-size checking.
If you want to increase your work productivity by typing faster while using only one hand then our one handed keyboard is definitely for you. Consider for example that you won’t ever have to hold the Shift-key again while simultaneously pressing a combination character; this is because we’ve introduced the concept of sticky-keys to our keyboard hardware. All keys on our one handed keyboard marked with a dot are sticky in operation. Along with the central space-key you’ll find a second space-key at the bottom-center of our keyboards. Arranged either side of this are the green and blue dotted keys. Both of these dotted keys operate in Sticky mode, which again means that you don’t have to hold them down while simultaneously selecting a combination character. Just press them momentarily before pressing a combination character. These two keys are used when selecting their corresponding coloured characters. Users should also take note of the two Shift keys located below the central Space key. The Shift key on the left operates in standard fashion while the one on the right with the white dot operates in Sticky mode. The user can decide which one best suits their needs at any given time. The innovative use of these dotted keys improves operational speed and together with the compact nature of the design means that the keyboard can be easily operated with one hand. The compact ergonomic shape of our large-key one handed keyboard also helps prevent repetitive strain injuries (RSI). Note that the bottom three keys are intended to be operated by the thumbs if typing with both hands.
We are partnered with DHL who provide express delivery worldwide, usually within a week of order placement. Your credit-card order placement is protected at all stages by our use of the SSL industry security standard. You can verify this by noticing the presence of the SSL green-lock icon in the address-bar window of your browser.
Note: Owing to Customs restrictions we no longer deliver to Brazil or India.
Optimized 2.4 GHz Wireless Radial Keyboard & Mouse
$95.00 normally $149.99 (The price includes worldwide DHL express delivery)
Note: USB nano-receiver, Mini Driver-CDROM and User Guide also come with the above.
QWERTY 2.4 GHz Wireless Radial Keyboard & Mouse
$95.00, normally $139.99 (The price includes worldwide DHL express delivery)
Note: USB nano-receiver, Mini Driver-CDROM, User Guide & silicone
overlay with Optimized layout come with the above.
Both our Optimized and QWERTY keyboards are programmable. You can automate the execution of a sequence of frequently used commands in any application. So for example, you could do this in your spreadsheet application by using the macro-record program that comes with our keyboards. This is a great way to take the tedium out of oft repeated tasks when using an application. Just use the macro-record feature to record the command-key-sequences and then name-save the macro(s) for future loading with whatever applications you intend to use them with. Because you have 5 programmable keys on your one handed keyboard, you can (at any given time) assign a different (application specific) macro to each of these 5 keys for use with your current application.
The main-key-cluster has a much smaller footprint compared to that of a standard QWERTY keyboard. The following graphic shows the comparative difference, which amounts to a footprint space saving of approximately 33%. This space saving reduction is achieved without sacrificing key-cap-size; in fact many of the key-caps are much larger while the smallest key-caps are equivalent in size to those found on the standard QWERTY keyboard.
- Because of the compactness of our one handed keyboard, there’s a big reduction in finger-travel-time leading to increased data-entry typing speed. The Optimized keyboard, owing to its logical design, offers even further savings in finger-travel-time
- Keys are offset and are bigger for the hand or hand’s weaker fingers and so encourages their use
- The operator can naturally position their hand or hands over the keyboard with ease and the inclusion of sticky-key operation means that you don’t need to hold down the shift-key when typing other combination characters
- All of the above help to reduce operator discomfort and fatigue, especially for one handed keyboard operators
- The Optimized keyboard has been expressly designed to be logical and efficient in use, facilitating increased user productivity, it has been specifically designed to minimize finger-travel-time. The layout of the alphabet characters are positioned in accordance with their frequency of occurrence in the English language, so that they fall more readily for use by the more agile index and middle fingers. This greatly reduces the amount of finger-travel-time thereby increasing your speed of data-entry.
- The location of the alphabet keys on each keyboard is relatively easy to memorize but more so with the Optimized keyboard, whose alphabet keys layout can be memorized using our training material in only 10-20 minutes. If you stop to think about it, almost everyone who uses a standard QWERTY keyboard would not be able to tell you where all the alphabet keys are located on it. Even people who have been using the standard QWERTY keyboard for many years are unable to do so. The reality is, it’s not a very logically designed keyboard and as a result it isn’t very efficient to use.
When using the Optimized keyboard and while following BeeRaider’s recommended learning approach, a user’s finger-muscle-memory kicks in after only a few days of continuous typing. With the alphabet key locations memorized and finger-muscle-memory now in place, a user’s typing speed and productivity quickly increases. Note that we provide a comprehensive training method and video on our Training webpage for those who decide to purchase our Optimized keyboard.
Our one handed keyboard is known as a Radial Keyboard Design. It has been designed as a 21st century computer keyboard with none of the shortcomings of the QWERTY standard keyboard, a design that was contrived for use with the mechanical typewriters of the late 19th century. The Radial Keyboard design is about simplifying the future of data-entry!